Your vehicle’s cooling system is one of its key components. Without a properly maintained cooling system, your vehicle escapes overheating and the damage that does to all systems. A car, truck, or SUV requires a dynamic system that keeps temperature, pressure, and fiction under control. This is why knowing where to turn for auto cooling system repair services is so important. At Lockett Auto Care, our technicians are experienced in cooling system repair, auto water pump repair, and coolant replacement.
What Are Some Auto Cooling System Repair Services?
The most effective way to test the cooling system is to pressurize the system with compressed air using a specialized pressure test tool. This is how our technicians spot leaks around the coolant pump, intake gaskets, hose connections, and plugs. However, there are two primary cooling system repair services:
- Water pump: This is the heart of the cooling system for any engine. This component circulates coolant through the entire system, which is circulated in proportion to engine RPM. While the pump/coolant circulation speed is not dependent on engine RPM, it does pump coolant through the engine to remove heat and deposit it into the radiator. This is one of the most critical parts of the cooling system.
- Coolant and antifreeze: Engine coolant maintains the best operating temperature for the engine. When coolant deteriorates or gets contaminated, fuel economy suffers because of inefficient cooling. Replacing engine coolant and flushing the system needs to be done routinely to reduce the risk of overheating or freezing. Antifreeze and coolant are regularly overlooked, degrading the engine block, radiator, and thermostat.
Our expert technicians can isolate any issues your vehicle may have with its cooling system. Then, we can get you on a regular maintenance schedule, so any future problems are reduced.
Benefits of Maintaining Your Vehicle’s Cooling System
Our technicians will do the following as they examine your car, truck, or SUV’s cooling system:
- Check pressure conditions
- Make sure coolant volume is appropriate
- Ensure the radiator cap is functioning properly
- Check all radiator hoses and engine belts
Doing so ensures that your vehicle not only maintains top performance but also lasts as long as possible. If not drained and replaced, old antifreeze can lead to corrosion. Our cooling system repair services include a full system flush and refill. We also monitor the condition of the cooling fan, which circulates air throughout the radiator to remove heat from the engine.
Neglecting basic cooling system and radiator maintenance can lead to a potential radiator replacement and major engine or radiator repairs down the road.
Cooling System FAQs
There are several potential reasons for a vehicle to take a long time to warm up, such as low coolant levels, a failing heater core, or the thermostat may be stuck open.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH LOCKETT’S AUTO CARE TODAY
Whatever issue you’re experiencing with your vehicle, the experts at Lockett’s Auto Care in Catonsville can help. Our cooling system repair services are just one of the many repair and maintenance services we offer. Some others include:
- Belts and hoses
So reach out to schedule an appointment with us today at 410.744.4328 to ensure your car, truck, or SUV continues to run smoothly.