When your car’s air conditioning and heating aren’t working correctly, it can make being behind the wheel unpleasant. At Lockett’s Auto Care, our auto HVAC repair in Catonsville, MD, ensures that you are comfortable in your car. We have years of experience providing auto AC and heating repair services for drivers, and we can do the same for your vehicle. Learn more about auto air conditioning repair in Catonsville by calling 410.744.4328 today.
Auto AC and Heating Repair Services
Signs that your vehicle requires auto AC and heating repair services include:
- Your vehicle’s vents are blowing warm air when the air conditioning is on
- The fans only work when you drive certain speeds
- The cold air fades after being turned on
- The cold air turns warm when your vehicle is idle or driving slowly
When you leave your vehicle at our car AC repair shop in Catonsville, expect that our team will have your car ready to go in a few hours. We carefully inspect your vehicle to find a leak in the AC system by injecting UV fluorescent dye into the system. Our team will then repair the leak and top off the refrigerant so that you can enjoy your car’s air conditioning and heating. If your vehicle’s AC and heating aren’t working properly, don’t hesitate to call our team at 410.744.4328 for auto air conditioning and auto heating repair in Catonsville.
Does Your Vehicle Require R-1234yf Refrigerant?
Until 2018, most cars’ cooling systems used R-134a refrigerant. Now, car manufacturers are using a more advanced automotive refrigerant known as R-1234yf. This type of refrigerant breaks down more quickly than the older version, which is better for the environment. At Lockett’s Auto Care, our team can examine your vehicle to determine if you need R-1234yf refrigerant.
Common AC Services at Lockett’s Auto Care
Some of the most common services that we provide at our car AC repair shop in Catonsville include:
- Cabin air filter – Your vehicle’s cabin air filter cleans the air that comes into the cabin from outside the vehicle. The air filter is crucial to reduce allergens and odors in the cabin.
- Compressor – The AC compressor in your vehicle is crucial to keep your vehicle cool. If you hear noise from your car’s belts or your vent fans stop blowing cold air, it’s time to visit Lockett’s Auto Care for our auto AC and heating repair services.
- Condenser – Your car’s condenser removes the heat from the refrigerant that cools the cabin. If you smell burning while your AC is on, your condenser may need to be adjusted or replaced.
- Blower motor – When your vent fans only work at high speed or don’t work at all, this may be a sign that the blower motor isn’t working properly.
- Evaporator – Your vehicle’s evaporator pulls the heat from the evaporator coil and keeps the refrigerant as cold as possible. It is critical to keep your car’s evaporator working.
- Refrigerant recharging – In some cases, your vehicle’s AC isn’t working because the refrigerant needs to be recharged. Our ASE-certified technicians can recharge the refrigerant and keep your car cabin cool.
CONTACT LOCKETT’S AUTO CARE FOR AUTO AC AND HEATING REPAIR SERVICES
The weather in Maryland is unpredictable, so you need your vehicle’s AC and heating to work at optimal levels. Our Lockett’s Auto Care team is ready to help. Learn more about our auto air conditioning repair in Catonsville today by calling 410.744.4328.